Sunday, February 23, 2020

Finding the odd man out

This is an old game you and I are used to playing when we were all kids. This is the way to teach children to identify what is different in a set of given items or people. This helps develop children the instinct to identify anything that is not normal.




That said, I find this game such an  absurd. I have learnt to respect people for all what they are regardless of color, race, gender, vernacular background, the upbringing, cultural varieties, social, financial, political prospects, God believing, aethist, sexual orientations, environmental views, career orientation, age, physical and philosophical histories. This has come a hard way to me no matter how much my parents thought me to prefer something over other because I relate to it easily. 

I profess the same thing to my growing child and to find an odd man out in the given set of people is simply no way forward. In my thoughts, there is not a single Man who is odd on the face of earth. Everyone is different and they all come with their own individuality. You may call me narcissist. It does not matter...but everyone deserves respect by the virtue of simply being human. 

Finding the odd man out should be most contextual based like a person who is oblivious to what is happening in a meeting room or should be played with numbers like multiples of 4 accompanied with a 5. Hope the world finds more meaningful games for children to play. 

#sundaynightthoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment