Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Demise?

Since the office shifted to a new place, its been an emotional commute for me each day. I have to pass through narrow lanes and slums and the sight of people and children and their helplessness is a big deal of a thing to me.

More than the suffering of these children, I get to go around city's 3 major hospitals and the sight over there is further more heart rending. There are sick children, growth retarded, mentally ill, accident victims, ill infants being carried in tiny pouches and what not. When I look in to their eyes and the eyes of people surrounding them, I find hollowness, submission, despair, dejection, pain, hope for betterment, faith, good will, trust, assurance, reliance and confidence. To take so many visuals at once for me is not a thing of ease.



Today morning, I think there was a death of someone I dont know in the last hospital. There were grieving people but the grief had turned violent. They were bawling on the road. I did not dare to stop by to understand the reason - for I know that pain too well.

When in a calm posture now, I ask whether I fear death? I do..

DVG's lines follow.

ಬದುಕು ಜಟಕಾಬಂಡಿ,
ವಿಧಿ ಅದರ ಸಾಹೇಬ,
ಕುದುರೆ ನೀನ್,
ಅವನು ಪೇಳ್ದಂತೆ ಪಯಣಿಗರು.
ಮದುವೆಗೋ ಮಸಣಕೋ ಹೋಗೆಂದಕಡೆಗೋಡು
ಪದ ಕುಸಿಯೆ ನೆಲವಿಹುದು ಮಂಕುತಿಮ್ಮ





No comments:

Post a Comment